Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Mystery Book - Sonia

     The book I am reading is called Holes and the author is Louis Sachar. So far, I love the book because it is very interesting. So far I would rate the book 10 out of 10, because it is really good and very interesting.

     The novel takes place at a boys' detention center, which is located in a dried up fictional lake in Texas, here boys dig one hole per day. Most of the story happens around the end of the 1990s, but there are a few flashbacks to Green Lake before it dried up, when there was a beautiful lake and an actual city, and there are a few flashbacks to the mid 1800s that talk about Stanley's great - great - grandfather. 

3 comments:

  1. nice post and very descriptive, i have heard about how great this book is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this book is just interesting and really fun to read. I like it too.

    ReplyDelete