Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

The title of my mystery book is called "The City of Bones" and so far I read 110 pages out of 553.

The setting of the book is in Manhattan, New York. It is an urban fantasy book. The story is put in the present days and is written in third person almost entirely from the perspective of the main character, Clary. Clary is an artist, much like her mother, but she does not think that she is as good as her. The plot is happening during summer since Clary's mother wants to take her on vacation before school starts. She's worried about something. Something is going to go terribly wrong. I noticed that most of the action in the book happens during night time.

I also read other students' blog posts. Tara Jevrosimovic is reading a book which has some similarities to my story. In my mystery book some of the demons are vampires. In Tara's book people think the character is a vampire. Both stories take place in the present.  If my main character were to somehow find herself in Tara's book, I think she would perfectly fit in. The settings in the two books seem to be very similar.  Both plots happen in the present and the characters in both books deal with super natural beings.

Luka Dragoljic

No comments:

Post a Comment