Search This Blog

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Vanishing Girl


Vanishing Girl
Written by: Shane Peacock
(The boy Sherlock Holes and his 3rd case)

This week I am very happy how many pages I read of the book. I read 287/307.
I really love the book so far. The obstacles my main character Sherlock has run in to are
that when he was looking for Victoria, he was tricked a few times. When he went to the countryside to look for her. Also when he Found Victoria, he returned her back, but then she was missing again. So he had to look for her all over again. When Sherlock first started looking for Victoria, at the very beginning of the book, he had a note that gave him a clue. Sherlock always hates, when he doesn't win or when he gets something wrong. I choose to give a quote from the book, that explains who is Sherlock really. It is at the beginning of the book, where the story didn't start yet. Before I didn't know what this meant, but now when I am towards the end of the book I understood the meaning. It goes like this: "A flush of colour sprang to Holmes's pale cheeks , and he bowed to us like the master dramatist who receives the homage of his audience. It was at such moments that for an instant he ceased to be a reasoning machine, and betrayed his human love for admiration and applause." - Dr. Watson in The Adventure of the Six Napoleons
This means that he took his work in first place, and worked hard to deserve the applause and attention he gets. This quote has no number, but it is before page number three. I love the book and can't wait to see what will happen at the end.
 

2 comments: