Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The A.B.C Murders

Title: The A.B.C Murders, Author: Agatha Christie, Number of pages read: 21\228
The main character and protagonist of my novel is Mr. Hastings. He has grey hair, and it is starting to get thin so he brushes it over to one side of his head. Example 1: "Well, I never," he exclaimed. "If it isn't Captain Hastings back from the wilds of the what do you call it! Quite like old days seeing you hare with Monsieur Poirot. You're looking well, too. Just a little bit thin on top, eh? Well, that's what we're all coming to. I'm the same." I winced slightly. I was under the impression that owing to the careful way I brushed my hair across the top of my head that thinness referred to by Japp was quite unnoticeable. Page 9 and 10. Example 2: "The hot summers out there naturally cause the hair to fall out a bit." Page 11. He is very anxious about this, and he hates when people try to talk about his hair. He is pretty touchy about his hair, as well. Example 1: "Well," I said, slightly recovering my temper. (I admit that I am touchy about the thinness of my hair.) Page 12. Example 2: "Poirot," I roared. "Once and for all I will have nothing to do with the beastly inventions of your confounded hairdresser. What's the matter with the top of my head?"

No comments:

Post a Comment