Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2014

A book I am currently reading

Hello everyone!
I haven't started reading my book report book yet because I wanted to finish the book I am reading now. The book I am currently reading is "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner. This is a book that is part of a four book sequel, and this book has 371 pages. I chose this book because I saw the movie, and I can tell you that I like the book way more than the movie. I am really close to finishing this book, and so far, this is one the best books I've read. It is about a guy Thomas who wakes up in a strange elevator, remembering nothing but his name. When the elevator doors opened, he saw many other guy teenagers there. When they helped him get out of the elevator, Alby, the guy in charge, showed him around the Glade which was the area they were in. The Glade is a glade surrounded by huge walls that mark the beginning of the maze. The maze is after the walls, and the runners are the people who enter the maze every day and come back. Everything changed when Thomas came. Thomas went to the maze when he shouldn't have and he killed a griever. Grievers are creatures that live in the maze, and no one has ever lived to tell what they looked like, until Thomas came. Every month, the lift comes up, but the lift after Thomas, had a girl in it. The first girl to ever enter the Glade. In her hand, she was holding a note that said, she is the last one, meaning that the lift will never come back up. Discovering the grievers and another section of the maze, Thomas is changing the way things work in the glade. I am not going to spoil anything else, but this is a really good book, and I suggest you read it as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment