Search This Blog

Saturday, November 15, 2014

How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming




       The book I am reading for my book report is "How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming" by Mike Brown. This book has 231 pages. The main obstacle that the author (Mike) has to go through in this book is trying to define what a planet is and trying to see if Pluto and Xena (A "Planet" he found) fit the standards of the word planet.  Mike, is an astronomer and one night found an unusual object in the sky that was not a star, and he spent a lot of his life researching Xena, the planet that he found as it was as important as a child to him. Since Xena's properties are very similar to Pluto, if Pluto became a planet so would his little space object. Sadly Pluto is not voted as a planet, which means that Xena is not either, both would now be considered a "Planetoid".

1 comment:

  1. Wow really cool! I actually never heard of Xena lol. But anyways I really hope he succeeds to make it a planet!

    ReplyDelete