Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2014

Long Walk to Freedom

Author: Nelson Mandela

625/625 pages



As this is probably my third or fourth post about this book, most will have a good understanding of my books topic; equality and fighting for what you believe in. Although this mainly is about African freedom, it focuses on how people should be treated not by their religion or race, but personality. Standing up for what you believe in is also a hard choice to make, but sometimes life needs sacrifice. I think that this is a really important topic because even now in the world, there is segregation, discrimination, injustice, and people fearing to make a stand. Nelson Mandela put a new light to this topic and writes of his struggle that all was worth in the end. I learned that much more to sticking with what you believe in and there will be times in life where you´ll look back and think, what if?
There were some parts in the book which I found slightly confusing because they spoke of the ANC, MK, SACPO, COD, and so on; they were basically the African National Congress and other organizations. These parts were particularly boring and I had to really push forwards to go on. They didn't last but three to four pages, but they were long indeed. I couldn't understand what exactly the SACPO and so on meant and what they were arguing about. However, it wasn't the main point of the book and I believe that I didn't miss any crucial information. I'm still very confused as to what politics is and I may never really understand, yet I am curious to learn and hope to read more autobiographies or biographies of political heroes and whatnot. I think that's it. Goodbye, and thank you for reading, I think. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I really enjoyed your blog post and understood the topic. I agree that equality is important, you're personality not country or color! I also don't get politics and in my book it stated some organisations and military leaders which I didn't get at all. I would also skip things that are not important, but I kept reading it over and over again to get it. Great blog post! :) love you

    ReplyDelete