Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Wesley the Owl

Stacey O'Brien

Finished book

The topic of my book is an owl. As well as many other animals owls are also very important in our lives. This book teaches us new things about owls that Stacey discovered about Wesley. After reading this book, I have a pretty good idea what owls do, what they eat, and that it is quite hard living with and owl. Before Stacey adopted this owl, she though owls were just some other bird living in the woods. But then she grew up loving owls. She knew they were special in their own way. After reading the book, you could really see Stacey loves Wesley. I learned that owls are really smart and once they imprint on someone they don't leave them alone, or every leave them. Wesley imprinted on Stacey.

I was grossed out when Stacey explained all about her feeding Wesley mice. I was excited when Stacey said she could kind of understand Wesley's Chirps and Squeals. She knew what everyone mean. For Example, when Wesley wanted to get out of a room, he would make a certain squeal that Stacey would recognize and open the door for him. Wesley would also understand some words that Stacey said a lot. For example, when Wesley wanted to cuddle, Stacey would ask him "Do you want to cuddle?" and Wesley would took straight at her for yes, or if he didn't want to, he would look away. I find this really cool.

I wish Stacey had more time with Wesley before he died. I was so sad at the end of the story when he did pass away. He had a problem in his liver. I wish that Stacey had recognized that he had problems before, then maybe he could have lived longer. Its a really nice story of Wesley and Stacey.

HN

No comments:

Post a Comment