Search This Blog

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Candyfreak!

Hello Everyone!
So, I actually just started reading my book ("Candyfreak" by Steve Almond) this weekend, and so far, I really like it! I'm currently on page 32/261. It is a book in which a main character is the writer himself, talking about his journey through life as a candy freak. I wouldn't know to describe the look of Steve Almond as it isn't mentioned in the book, but if I were to use my imagination: I would probably say he's a fat-ish guy (not in an offensive way though), with brown short hair, and brown almond eyes - since his last name is Almond which reminds me of almonds, pretty self explanatory. As for his personality traits, I imagine him as a really wise, smart guy. That is because he wrote this book and he uses some pretty interesting words and writes peculiar sentences and statements you wouldn't hear every day. Ex. vividly, meaning strikingly light or intense "It is worth nothing the one story the one story about my father's childhood that I remember most vividly, which is that his father used to send him out on Sunday mornings with six cents to... (Steve Almond 11) (It's a really long sentence so I'll just stop there) And example two - rakishly, meaning having a disreputable quality of appearance "I loved his mouth, the full, pillowy lips, the rakishly crooked teeth. (Steve Almond 13)

Thank you for reading! I look forward to 'devour' this book entirely really soon as it got me hungry every time I read a new paragraph...Candy is awesome! (But horribly bad for you...oh well...)


No comments:

Post a Comment