Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Witches!

Hello!
For my book report I'm reading "Witches!" by Rosalyn Schanzer. I'm almost done with the book and I'm starting to think about the project. In the novel more and more people accuse others for being witches or signing the Devil's book. The two characters, mentioned in previous posts, are accusing hundreds of people, more villagers are getting 'fits', and everything is just a mess. Most of the people are just accusing others, not to be accused themselves. What leads to the importance of the topic. So one of the reasons the topic in this book is important, is because it teaches us not to judge people by their appearance. For example if a person didn't go to church every week, there were already rumors that that villager signed the book of Evil or something worse. The subject is also important, because it tells us how people can be closed-minded. In that time, if somebody chocked for a second or had some disability, it already meant that he is possessed. From that I learned that the world is not fair and that you should look for options and think the way you think, not others. The book really got me thinking about the topic. I found it important and useful. I think I will try going deeper into the subject. It's truly interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on this week. I think you explained the topic very well and i am wondering what songs you are using

    ReplyDelete