Search This Blog

Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Life & Death Of Adolf Hitler - Cosmo

Hello friends, teachers and people of Planet Earth!
For my second book report book I have chosen to read something that I don’t usually read, a biography in which I already finished, 226/226 pages.. Not a usual biography, but one of a human being that was racist against others, with beliefs solid as steel in terms of a hierarchy between different races that exist today. They stretch from the Aryan appearance, blond hair and blue eyes (commonly found in Germany, Benelux, the UK, Scandinavia, etc.) to the far bottom of those who believed in the jewish religion and the  communists. His name was Adolf Hitler. (The biography was written by James Cross Giblin)  But I am not here to discuss his horrendous dictating deeds he performed to the people he felt were of no significance, I am here to explain his physical appearance and traits!


Adolf Hitler was a rock hard dictator and persuaded people to support him by convincing speech, and conveniently, he had the natural trait/gift to talk intriguingly. One of his other personality features was determination, which helped him to strive for a better Germany, and continue attacks that were suggested impossible by his generals and advisors, which led to the first defeat of Hitler at Stalingrad in which the bitter cold and surprisingly strong soviets which were then massacres to his troops. An example from the book to show his determination is the fact that exclaimed to his closest supporters: “I see myself as Chancellor and I will be Chancellor” (Giblin 64). (A chancellor was the most powerful man in the land), Hitler also had an iron fist and controlled people with much ease. An example from the book showing Hitler’s will to exterminate the people that were ‘non-worthy’ to him, was that after a meeting discussing his opinion, which he earlier wrote in a book he made was to annihilate people with certain religions, the chapter ends with “As events would soon prove, Hitler had meant every word he said, (107). He also was a brilliant criminal who really stood up to his beliefs... though they were insane. To make a Jew and communist free world was his dream, which meant the extermination of millions of people, so another one of his traits was opinionated. Additionally, Hitler had another goal for Germany, to get more Lebensraum, living space, in other words, more territory, which was also a major start to the conquering of Germany in WW2.


Adolf Hitler’s appearance was a bit unusual, though nothing to really raise an eyebrow to at that time. He had flat, short hair and the normal posture of a grown man. The fact that he had a small mustache that only stretched a couple centimeters just under his nose probably made me say unusual, but I think it actually looked quite convincing. He often wore purple circles under his Aryan blue eyes, making it visible to everyone that he worked hard everyday to maintain his important political position. He often wore a suit, but that is often mandatory for political rulers nowadays. Here is his appearance: Hitler.jpg


I personally think that this book is fantastic for reading purposes if you are interested about people that greatly impacted the past and changed it horrifically. This book provides the information of his entire life in a couple hundred pages, and I enjoyed reading it enormously, learning things I never knew before while reading. I recommend it to young adults, adults and the elderly for the language complexity and the overall understanding needs to be huge to read something like this. In other words, I loved it.


The life and death of adolf hitler.jpg
Well, that was it folks, see you next time!
Cosmo :D

2 comments:

  1. Dear Cosmo,

    Looks like we are reading the same book! I can say that you made a good decision. Truly, I think that people should find out more about him. As well, nice blog post!

    Sincerely,
    Nikola Lalic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Nikola, you explained him well, and I found it very interesting I think you did very well this week cosmo

      Delete