Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Outliers - By Malcom Gladwell

Hello everyone! I am currently reading the book "The Outliers" by Malcom Gladwell. I is a very interesting book, and once I pick it up, its hard to put it down because there is always new ideas and morals or tips and explanations portrayed in the book. I am on the 254th page and the book has 304 pages, so I am close to finishing it. This book doesn't really have a main character, it's just many stories of people that tried to succeed and what makes the people who succeed so special. The problem that this book is portraying is the question: How do we succeed? and Do we need to meet certain standards to succeed? The characters in this book had to overcome problems that they cannot really change. Like what month were they born in. I know it may sound silly that the month you were born in, will determine your career, but research shows, that the people who were born in a certain month, tend to succeed more that the people who were born in another season or month. This may sound confusing, but once you read the book, it will all make sense. I recommend this book to people who are interested in seeing a different point of view, and to people who like reading non- fiction books.

No comments:

Post a Comment