Search This Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2014

"I am Malala" By Malala Yousafzai

I am Malala

Malala Yousafzai

183/291 # of pages read

Hey guys so today I will be doing another blog post about my book project book written by teen author and bullet survivor Malala Yousafzai. I will be writing about how the topic of the book and things that I might not understood.

The topic that Malala talked about in the book was important because this problem is still going on and hasn't been solved. Woman and girls education rights. So I think that this is important because everyone has the ability to learn and to explore about the world and about new things. I think that it isn't fair that girls would have to just clean the house and serve the men while men got to learn, but didn't really respect it. Malala is inspired and loves learning, she wouldn't even wanna leave her city because she still wanted to learn in her school, she wanted all of her books, she wanted to keep on making speeches and poems and be top in the class (which she was anyways).

What I learned about the topic of girl's education and rights of women and girls a lot. I learned also how the women live, they aren't allowed to get out of the house alone, only with a male which is from their family. I would have never know these rules that people have and that Fazlullah made up. I learned about the difficult life of others. My life contains of a great school and education, I have food on the table and girls education is encouraged. The Taliban bombed many girls' schools in order that the girls will not receive education. The Taliban also didn't want girls to go out in the street with their face not covered. I understood the life of other girls.

I did not understand some parts of the topic. I didn't understand why the Taliban (who also eventually shot Malala on 9th of October, 2012) would just go and shoot people and just didn't want education. They also destroyed boys' school which made no sense because they said that they wanted boys to become smarter because its already the 21st century. Knowledge is kind of a must. But the Taliban just destroyed what every person thought was important. The celebrations and killed loved ones, stole and destroyed the televisions. I really was puzzled that they just wanted to destroy everything. Doesn't the leader understand that its not really going to help him. Yes, in the end the Taliban destroyed half of Pakistan or even more and killed important people who were against them but finally Malala decided she has to stand up for this, with support from her dad.

I don't really have any questions about the main topic. I mean I pretty much understood the main point. I agree with the main point and really want Malala to succeed with her point of encouraging people to let girls learn. I want to learn more about how Malala wants to do this. So far, all I know is that she had interviews and got prizes for giving speeches but I want to see if she had invented a school for girls or has some kind of project to do this. Although she's young at only 18, she knows what she is doing. She is a smart, brave and strong girl.



Pic link: http://thediplomat.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/19348_5280a9e3dbd74.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment