Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Benazir Bhutto-Autobiography

Title: Benazir Bhutto-Autobiography
Author: Benazir Bhutto

Number of Pages read: 53

Summary of What I read:

What I had read this week was very emotional. The first chapter (which I'm not finished reading yet) is about how her life was tearing apart. She told us about how her father died and what she had done to protect him as much as she can. I was clutching my pillow when I read about how he died. It said that he was in a cellar and at 2:00 am, she suddenly awoke because she knew that someone close had been murdered. Her mother was with her all along, trying to hush her down. I also researched about her and I found out that she had been assassinated on  December 27th, 2007, at Rawalpindi. Some questions that are still in my head were:

1. Why was she assassinated?

2. How did her mother die? (The answer could be in the book!)

3. Why was her father in a cellar? What did he do?

4. What will happen next? Who will take care of her when her mother dies?

To prove that her father was assassinated, here is one quote:

"Twenty years ago, in light of the developments in my life-my father's assassination, my  imprisonment, the responsibility of picking up his political mantle- I had little expectation of finding personal happiness, of finding love, marriage, and having children."



1 comment:

  1. I really like how you described how you felt when reading the book and the questions you had. The book sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete