Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blue Cats Chartreuse Kittens

Blue Cats Chartreuse Kittens
Patricia Lynne Duffy
November 18, 2012
208 pages

       In my book, "Blue Cats Chartreuse Kittens" there is mainly external conflict because the book starts off when she is sixteen and Patrica and her father are talking about how when she was five years old she couldn't write the letter R. Her father finds out about her synesthesia by asking questions and studying the topic! The conflict is never resolved since Patrica just keeps wanting to learn about the topic. Or else the conflict is resolved right away the moment her father has the idea to research synesthesia. I have not finished the book yet but I have a feeling Patrica and her father will continue researching about synesthesia but never find a solution to synesthesia because synesthesia is not a disease that you can overcome it is more a gift, because only two out of 1,000 have this! I do think Patrica sometimes wants to escape the colors but in a way I think she enjoys having the colors because  it seperates her from everyone else and makes her feel special next to other people who have synesthesia.


2 comments:

  1. When I read some of your other posts, I did not really understand what your book was talking about. But now reading this blog post, you made it very easy to understand your book. Great job, Bethany! I am very jealous of you, because the book sounds very interesting! Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Bethany!
    I think that you chose a really interesting book.
    Keep working hard!

    ReplyDelete