Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bloomability by Sharon Creech


Name of book: Bloomability
Author: Sharon Creech
Number of pages: 273
Number of pages read: 147

This book is about a girl named Domenica Santolina Doone, but everyone calls her Dinnie. She has to move to another state, each half a year because of her dad's job but when she turns 13, her parents decide that it would be better for her to go to live and go to school in Switzerland with her Uncle Max and Aunt Sandy. First of all Dinnie is very angry and sad that her parents sent her to a foreign country. During the first few days she meets Gurthie and Lila, two students who will be going to school with her. As time passes she gets used to her new school, home and the fact that most people around her talk in Italian. 

The quote I chose to support my summary is : "My second life began when I was kidnapped by two complete strangers. My mother, who assisted in this kidnapping, said I was exaggerating. The strangers weren't complete strangers. I'd met them twice before. They were my mother's sister and her husband: Aunt Sandy and Uncle Max."

I found this quote on page 9 and it explained how Dinnie felt about moving to Switzerland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment