Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Last Lecture

Name: Sooyoung Byun
Grade: 7A
Title: The Last Lecture
Author: Randy Pausch



The main character of my non fiction book is Randy Pausch who is also the author of the book. This book is the autobiography of his life. I have not yet read a lot of the book but I know that Randy Pausch is a very caring person who gave up his precious time of his life before he dies to give a lecture to the students about his life. Second, he has a confident attitude, and I know that by reading the part when he isn't afraid to explain his life to his students during the lecture. When I said he was a caring person, I think he could be caring in two different ways. Like he did in the book, he could have cared for his students or maybe lots of other people might have just enjoyed his or her last few month of life with their family. I think he is brave not to commit suicide or anything after knowing that he is going to die so he has to prepare his family's future without him. I think he is also brave for not showing his depression after thinking that when his kids grow up, they will barely remember their father. He is a workaholic, as his wife calls him.

"I know Randy," Jai told Dr. Reiss. "He is a workaholic. I know just what he'll be like when he starts putting the lecture together. It'll be all-consuming." - Jai, Ramdy Pausch's wife pg. 6

I know there were more examples from the text but I could not find it, and in this book, you can only understand certain things as you read it for a long time.

-sooyoungbyun7a






 

2 comments: