Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Marie Antoinette

Title: Marie Antoinette 
Author: Antonia Fraser
Number of pages read in total: 100 


As you probably already predicted, the book I'm still reading is Marie Antoinette. During the last hundred pages, I have learned about all the negative things that are starting to happen to Marie. It happens so that in the first few chapters its all so bright, and picture perfect, but not the real problems start. I think that someone is trying to kill Marie, so he/she can take over the kingdom, but I'm not positive, because I don't have all evidence that supports that. Anyway, the things that I really don't like about this book, is that there are so many words i don't know, which makes it really difficult for me to understand whats going on at that moment. So, in the first few chapters, I read about all the fancy things she does, but then after two chapters of that, it started becoming more and more difficult. Things just started to happen, and the young Marie was accused of that. Also I learned something about her children, Sophie and Louis Josheph. Also, the chapters taught me about her family, and how both of her parents were killed, how her brothers and sisters were killed how she was a true orphan. Its really sad though, how she was all alone for many years suffering with so many terrible things, and then one day she became so classy and rich. Also, she was married as practically a teenager, and unfortunately that was normal in that time.

If I had to rate this book, from what I read so far, i would give it a 8/10 because I think its very descriptive, its interesting, and I really enjoy all the action parts that happen. But on the other hand, I think that its really confusing sometimes, and the sentence structure is really difficult to understand. I wish that It can be more happy, because from what I'm reading its mostly sad, and it just goes on talking about her life.







1 comment: