Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Going Solo

Title: Going Solo
Author: Roald Dahl
Number of pages: 205

Hello everyone! I honestly hope that you liked my previous blog post and I hoe you are gonna like this one also!

Since my book is an autobiography the writer described his life. His life was really exciting with many adventures but also he had many conflict in his life!
One of the hardest problems was living life without his mother. He had some special connection with his mum. He could hardly live without her. Everyday he sent her a letters and told her every single detail what happened to him. His mum was his biggest support. I found that really beautiful because that proofs how emotional Roald was. When he came to the island he needed to deal with it and he became a responsible man! This conflict was internal because he had problem in himself.
But when he came to the island not everything was perfect. The conditions were very bad to live. The amounts of food and water were much smaller then he was used to at his home. Also, he did not people very much, he only liked one man that helped him with his stay on island. But, the time was passing and Roald began to like people more and realized that he was not alone. Just imagine how brave was he, he could be attached any second of any wild animal, and he could die, but he continued to live and he was getting used to the environment. this was an external conflict.
Then World War I began. He was in the battle. He was defending an island. He was the one who was holding the gun and with the pride defended the island. He really liked the adventures. This was an external conflict also.
In many times he could died. Once, his airplane crushed. He was in the hospital. He could not see, but then the miracle happened. He started to see on the one eye, and the on the other one. Many people helped him to survive that irony because they knew how good man was he. This was internal conflict.
So as I said, I did not finished the book. My book is very complicated and I really had many conflicts so I needed to write a few of them. I think there will be more conflicts in the rest of the book because as you can see he had pretty hard life! All the conflicts that he had he solved them on really hard way, and I'm really looking forward to read more about this book!  

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work!!! You included every detail and it made me read on!!! keep up the great work!:D

    oh and P.S. next time make it a bit shorter

    ReplyDelete