Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Going Solo

Book: Going Solo
Author: Roald Dahl
Number of pages: 205


*Hey everyone! So, I continue reading book called Going Solo. The more I read it, the more I like it. So here is what happened in last 45 pages! Hope you enjoy!
P.S. I read only one big paragraph , and it has 45 pages! 

Roald had climbed in his new Gladiator and hat set off alone to join 80 Squadorn in the Western Desert. The date was 19 September, 1940. They told Ronald to fly across the river Nile. Before this flight, all of the pilots had education about flying, so he knew basic things, and even more then that. He started to fly. He was so exciting. Roald knew that the flight will take him about an hour, maybe a little bit more. But suddenly the gas for a plane was gone. The plane had no gas! He was very scary because, for the first time he was on his own, no one could help him or tell him what to do. Roald looked down. He saw only the desert. He  started to panic? What  if plane crashes and he died in desert , without any water or food. What if he never sees his mum again? What if he never speak to his mum again, never see her eyes?
But he decided to be brave. In his brain he ''drew'' a finish line. He knew that he could win, that he could survive. On same way Roald did it. Maybe God sent him a special power, desire to survive to be on his feet on land, and yes he was on the land but not on his feet. He landed, he survived but hi was very hurt and blind!
The next thing that Roald remembers was a hospital car. Yes, he was in it, in the hospital bed next to the doctor and Sister. The Sister was afraid that Roal was dead. She told him that if he is alive, that he needs to press her hand. And he did it. He could hear, he could speak, he could move but he couldn't see. He thought that he could never see again. But was he right? Continue reading and you will find out...
So, he arrived to the hospital. He was alone in the hospital room. And then Sister came. He could feel her blonde, long hair and hear her beautiful voice, but he couldn't see her eyes. He was again sad. She did to him some treatments and his eyelids start to open! He could see clear three things!!! He started to see more things and finally he could see her. She was more beautiful than he imagine. He was so happy. He started to jump, to shout. His happiness could never end. 
Roald sent his mum letters, and put in them all his emotions, feelings, every single word he wrote there, he wrote it from the heart.


Quotation 1: ''At this point, dusk began to fall and I realized that I was in trouble. My fuel was running low and there was no way I could get back to Fouka on what I had left.''
Quotation 2: '' When they turned me over in the dark to get better look, I must have swum back into consciousnes because I can districly remember hearing one of them asking me how I felt, but I was enable to reply. 


I'm really looking forward to read more about this book, and i honestly hope you enjoyed! :)
 

1 comment:

  1. Good job! You wrote it very well, the grammer is superb and so is the spelling, keep working hard!!! <3

    ReplyDelete