Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Nate and Houdini Mystery: Shots At Sea, By: Tom Lalicki

Number Of Pages Read: 50



There is only one setting in this novel: the cruise. If this story took place in a different setting, it wouldn't really change the story because if it was at a desert or a rain-forest, it would not change the main idea of the story. If I could go into the setting, I actually would. I would go because it's the best cruise anyone could board to, the author described. The author also mentioned that there is saloon class or first class, and both of the classes are just like the same. I would also not go there because it also gets a bit scary inside the cruise. You hear a gun shoot, weird sounds coming from nowhere, and a lot of screaming and shouting. Here is a quote from the book to prove the setting: "At this point, they simply had to climb the narrow, steeply angled wooden gangplank-the first-class gangplank-and follow a ship's steward to their cabin." This was on the 22nd page. 

1 comment:

  1. I think your writing great you just need to stop writing s much "also". I agree with about going to the cruise why and why not.

    ReplyDelete