Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Mystery Novel-Setting

Title: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time
Author: Mark Haddon
Pages: 268



The setting of my mystery novel is in a city in England called Swindon. Also near the end of the book the setting is in London, England where his mother lives. If this book was set in a different place then the story wouldn't make sense because Christopher (the detective) wouldn't have seen the dog dead and wouldn't try and solve the case and it would be a completely different book. I wouldn't travel to this place because I have already been to London. I haven't been to Swindon but have been to many places in England and so I think it would be similar to many other city's in England. 
Quote, page 246: And I said "I have to go back to Swindon"
           This quote explains something about both settings because it shows that he lives in Swindon but he is not there so he must be in London, the other setting. 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! A few grammar mistakes, but good.

    ReplyDelete