Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mrs. McGinty's Dead - Book Report

Mrs. McGinty's Dead


The setting of the book is in Broadhinny, England in the mid 20th century. As they say in the book, "All nice people live in Broadhinny". If the murder was somewhere else, in a more hostile place, Poirot probably wouldn't get as many clues and wouldn't solve the mystery. Maybe he would be killed. If it was in the middle ages or earlier no one would even care if an "old charwoman" was killed. If I had a chance to go to Broadhinny, I would, because I would like to visit all of these unusual people and their unusual homes.

The first time the exact place of the crime was mentioned was on page 24 when Poirot said: "Where, now, can I stay in Broadhinny?

1 comment:

  1. Could you please change your username so that I know who has written this post?

    ReplyDelete