Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

                                                          The Hound of the Baskervilles






- Author: Sir Conan Doyle
- Number of pages: 40      

Setting: 18th century, London

If my text of the book took a different setting Baskervilles will not die because they died in London and Sherlock Holmes will not be in the story because he was in the 18th century

I think I will not travel to the places where my setting is, because I don't like surprises, and  I don't like to be in the mystery. I Think that's a little bit scary. That's why I don't like to be in the mystery.

Page 5 sais:  Entering the office and unveiling an 18th century manuscript, Mortimer recounts the myth of the lecherous Hugo Baskerville.
Page 31 sais: Agreeing to take the case, Holmes and Watson quickly discover that Sir Henry Baskerville is being trailed in London by a mysterious bearded stranger, and they speculate as to whether the ghost be friend or foe.

Quick  summary:
 
Once in Devonshire, Watson discovers a state of emergency, with armed guards on the watch for an escaped convict roaming the moors. He meets potential suspects in Mr. Barrymore and Mrs. Barrymore, the domestic help, and Mr. Jack Stapleton and his sister Beryl, Baskerville neighbors.
A series of mysteries arrive in rapid succession: Barrymore is caught skulking around the mansion at night; Watson spies a lonely figure keeping watch over the moors; and the doctor hears what sounds like a dog's howling. Beryl Stapleton provides an enigmatic warning and Watson learns of a secret encounter between Sir Charles and a local woman named Laura Lyons on the night of his death.

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog post because it is very detailed and well written.

    ReplyDelete