Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Mystery of Drear House

I have been reading this book and as you can see on the picture the title of the book it "The Mystery of  Drear House"  this book was written by Virginia Hamilton. This book has 217 pages but even though it isn't very long it is a good book with many good descriptions.

The setting is probably some time in the late 1980s or the early 1990s I think that they are somewhere in the south of America. I think the whole story would change because of the things that the characters in the book do such as their speech would change and probably their reactions would change as well. If the setting was different they would probably have different neighbors, and that would change a lot of the book because of their relationships with their neighbors which isn't the best in the beginning. If I had a chance to travel to the setting, I wouldn't want to be in that setting because the setting is a little creepy in some way and I don't think I would want to go mainly because of that reason. The book doesn't really state the setting but the thing that makes me think that it is somewhere in south of America is the way they talk.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! :)

    I just wanted to say that i REALLY enjoyed reading your post! good work! i especially like the details u provided and i cannot believe that you out of all people are reading a book like this! good job! and keep it up!
    -Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the details you gave about the book! Your post was very interesting and I enjoyed reading it! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete