Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Post #2-James Bond: Double or Die

Title of the Book: Double or Die (A James Bond Adventure)
Author of the Book: Charlie Higson
Number of Pages: 371
Pages Read: 371 (I finished the book)
Picture of my Book:

Setting of my Novel: The setting in my novel changes a few times because James Bond and his friend Perry Mandeville travel to many places to find more about where Fairburn is (he sent them a weird letter with clues all over it and also in the letter he indicated that he had been kidnapped.) But, mostly the setting is in Eaton (James Bond's school) and in London (actually all over London).
If your text took place in a different setting, how would you change the story? Why?
If my text took place in a different setting (in a different country or place) I would change the story: the clues would be in that particular setting (place). And, I would also make the story connect with that country's or place's culture and history.
If you had the chance to travel to the place (or places) your text is set, would you? Explain...
If I had the chance I would probably travel to all of the places where my text is set, except the cemetery (its pretty scary in a cemetery at night and also at day.) I would go to all of those places because of many things: First, I have never been to England and to Great Britain. Next, I would have liked to go to England now but back I would have loved to be there because I think at that time it was very interesting (I assume) to be there because England was the origin of Sherlock Holmes (and James Bond). Lastly, I would have loved to see with my own eyes how people lived in the 1930s in England.
A Quote with evidence about the setting:
"Can you take us to the grave?" he asked. Page: 180

1 comment:

  1. Your blog post is very clear and organized all the information given is shown properly and in a good fashion. I'm looking forward to knowing more about your book.

    ReplyDelete